The Brand Studio is a passionate team of creative thinkers tasked with shaping the future of Google brands by deepening the love of our users. As part of this team, you work with many kinds of creative thinkers all tasked with ensuring creative excellence across the Google Marketing landscape. Your goal is to deliver one integrated Google brand experience, and to better define the Google Marketing way. By embracing user insights, strategic thinking, and beautiful design paired with provocative execution, you strive to create delightfully intuitive (and delightfully inventive!) experiences that will define the future of our brand.
The creative team at Google Brand Studio is a multidisciplinary crew composed of art directors, designers, writers, UXers, animators and filmmakers. We define and extend the Google brand, and put Google’s values into action through brand campaigns, films and digital and physical experiences.
As a Creative Writer working with us here in Brand Studio, you’ll partner with creators, planners, engineers and producers to push our collective definition of the brand through big ideas that leverage the latest technology, experience, design, filmmaking, photography and writing. You will use your skills in creative writing to develop fascinating and engaging stories that will resonate with people.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Help define and shape the voice of the Google brand.
- Help craft the contributions Google Brand Studio makes to the company by leading/crafting narratives around our products and the future of technology, machine learning and policy.
- Work closely with creatives, designers, technologists and business thinkers to create breakthrough brand creative and experiences.
- Work closely with our agency and production partners and be an advocate for Google Brand Studio.
- Build and maintain a roster of top talent partners, by networking and developing relationships.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in creative writing, film concept and creation, or related area.
- Experience in leading creative for global brands.
- Portfolio showcasing your original work.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with many stakeholders.
- Ability to build relationships and work closely with agency and production partners.
- Ability to maintain focus and achieve objectives when faced with challenges.