The primary purpose of the Room Service Food Service Worker I position is to provide sanitation duties including dishwashing, ware washing, trash removal, cleaning projects, basic prep work, and food distribution.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency for producing foods creating positive outcomes to ensure patient high satisfaction results.
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrate a keen sense of time management.
- Possess ability to rapidly comprehend oral and/or written communication.
- Exhibit positive, enthusiastic attitude. Committed to a team work effort.
- Prep and prepare food as taught by chefs and cooks as instructed.
- Possess understanding of standard “mise en place” practices and “FIFO” rotation of food product to ensure freshness and high quality results.
- Must have basic knowledge of production operations in a full service kitchen environment.
- Adhere to excellent sanitation practices including a clean as you go mindset, good personal hygiene.
- Ability to maintain daily critical control points in respective areas under HACCP guidelines. Taking & documenting machine temperatures or chemical testing for concentration levels.
- Dishwashing using a clean to dirty operational methodology. Flight machine China, Glassware, Flatware.
- Sanitation duties for entire department cleaning projects sweeping, mopping, trash duties.
- Ware washing using a clean to dirty operational methodology Automated ware washing machine Pots & Pans, small wares.
- Wearing all applicable PPE including but not limited to gloves, cutting glove, non-slip safety shoes, burn sleeves, masks, heavy duty cleaning aprons or gloves
- Properly labeling all prepared and foods stored outside of its original packaging with date of production, expiration date, and employee’s initials.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid injury to self and others.
- Immediately report all suspicious occurrences and potential hazardous conditions or items that may need to a work order submitted to properly have things fixed.
- Create a positive interaction and outcome with guests and staff by utilizing the interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Communicate effectively, assure accuracy, food presentation, and diet compliance.
- Adhere to all departmental and institution policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Produce food to order hot & cold, accurately and with flavor profiles and eye appeal.
- Possess understanding of standard mise en place practices and rotation of food product to ensure freshness and quality.
- Demonstrate ability to produce prep high quality food in a high volume environment.
- Occasional rounding with patient and guests to perform service recovery or have additional insight to the entire scope of the department’s mission.
Other Duties as assigned.
Working in Patient Care Unit (e.g. Nursing unit; outpatient clinic)
Exposure to human/animal blood, body fluids, or tissues
No experience required.