We are looking for an enthusiastic Food Runner to provide an excellent guest dining experience. The successful candidate will be able to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction while following all guidelines established by the Food and Beverage department. You will provide superior guest service while maintaining a clean, sanitary, and safe work environment as a member of the Marcus Theatres food & beverage team.
Your Future Responsibilities as a Member of our Team:
- Set up all garnishes for dishes, assemble trays and stock bread.
- Polish silverware.
- Responsible for set-up and break-down of station at the beginning and end of shift.
- Assist with special guest requests to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Communicate with servers and kitchen associates to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Serve food to tables if needed.
- Assist with bussing duties if needed.
- Remove all dirty dishes from kitchen and/or server areas.
- Maintain standard of plate presentation.
- Maintain condition and cleanliness of work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You will need to demonstrate the following abilities:
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service standards.
- Ability to maintain composure during peak hours.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks throughout shift.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to understand verbal English to comprehend basic guest requests. Ability to understand written English to read any safety notices.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry, and/or transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room.
- No prior experience required.
- Prior hospitality or customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to learn all menu items.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to self-motivate during slow periods.