This posting is for the Lift Operator, Gondola Operator, and Tram Operator positions. If you have a preference please state in the notes section of the application.
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
Position Title: Lift Operator
Reports To: Lift Operator Supervisor/Foreman
Department: Lift Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
GENERAL PURPOSEProvide for the safe and efficient loading, transporting and unloading of guests and employees in accordance with the specific operating instructions of the assigned lift and ANSI B77 regulations.
- Operate assigned equipment in a safe, competent and knowledgeable manner.
- Inspect, record, and report the condition of all lift machinery.
- Maintain loading areas, unloading areas, mazes, dampers and ramps, and lift logs to prescribed standards.
- Execute the safe, efficient and courteous loading and unloading of passengers.
- Demonstrate good guest and employee relation skills: ability to be pleasant, courteous and actively friendly with everyone.
- Diplomatically handle awkward or negative situations.
- Acquire a general knowledge of the operations of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
- Maintain an informed status about lift openings and closures, and general operating conditions.
- Must be dependable and punctual with daily scheduling.
- Command an alert, conscientious and reactive ability while operating the chair lift.
- Create an open communication with guests and fellow workers.
- Responsible for the safe start-up, running and shut-down of electric or auxiliary operation.
- Conduct all pre-operation safety checks.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities for extended periods of time.
- Assist with lift evacuations.
- Provide assistance to Lift Maintenance.
- Conform to the established company grooming standards.
- Perform other duties as required.
JOB QUALIFICATIONSKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY:
- Good physical condition.
- Alert and well groomed.
- Present a good image.
- Able to work well with the public.
- People oriented.
- Good safety record.
- Ability to work both alone and with a team.
- Mechanical aptitude helpful.
- General skiing/snowboarding ability.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
- High School Graduate or G.E.D.
- No previous experience required.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
- Typical lift related equipment.
- Snow blowers, shovels, rakes and ice picks.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/ PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Outdoors at assigned lift.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.